The UN’s Secretary-General, António Guterres, saw UN75 as an opportunity for the organisation to listen to the people it serves.
Throughout 2020, the UN carried out its most ambitious effort to date to consult the global public, working closely with UN offices at the regional and country level, as well as partners from all sectors. It asked people what they most want for the future – and what they most fear. It also asked about their expectations of international cooperation and the UN in particular.
The results were communicated through the following reports:
- Shaping our Future Together – UN75 January 2021 report (PDF)
- UN75 and Our Common Agenda(PDF – forthcoming) – global consultation outcomes mapped onto Member States’ commitments in the Declaration adopted by Member States to mark UN75 – General Assembly Resolution A/RES/75/1
- The future we want, the UN we need – UN75 September 2020 report (link to download PDF in six UN official languages)
- The future we want, the UN we need – UN75 September 2020 report (digital)
- Resolved to combine our efforts – UN75 April 2020 report (PDF)