UN75 gathered their views through surveys and dialogues, with crucial support from UN Country Teams and Information Centers in all regions. We did this by:
- Conducting a global survey of people’s priorities for recovering better from COVID-19 and for building a better future for all – over 1.3 million people responded
- Creating materials to support more than 3,000 dialogues in 120 countries – virtual and physical – in classrooms, boardrooms, parliaments and community groups
- Working with Edelman Intelligence and the Pew Research Center to poll a representative sample of 50,000 people in 50 countries
- Analyzing print, broadcast, online and social media in 70 countries
- Mapping academic research in the six official UN languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Russian
Together, this was the UN’s most ambitious effort to gather priorities and solutions from the global public.
In line with the UN Secretary-General’s data strategy – For Action by Everyone, Everywhere, UN75 worked with the UN Development Programme to make the data gathered during this exercise available to policy-makers and the public.
What the world wants
In 2020, more than 1.5 million people - from all countries and all walks of life - shared their hopes, fears, priorities and solutions for the future.
You can view, organise and download the data here
UN75: 2020 and Beyond
Access The Data portal
The data can be viewed, organised by demographic and other criteria, and downloaded (in PDF and raw format, where applicable)