UN75 gathered their views through surveys and dialogues, with crucial support from UN Country Teams and Information Centers in all regions. We did this by:
- Conducting a global survey of people’s priorities for recovering better from COVID-19 and for building a better future for all – over 1.3 million people responded
- Creating materials to support more than 3,000 dialogues in 120 countries – virtual and physical – in classrooms, boardrooms, parliaments and community groups
- Working with Edelman Intelligence and the Pew Research Center to poll a representative sample of 50,000 people in 50 countries
- Analyzing print, broadcast, online and social media in 70 countries
- Mapping academic research in the six official UN languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Russian
Together, this was the UN’s most ambitious effort to gather priorities and solutions from the global public.
In line with the UN Secretary-General’s data strategy – For Action by Everyone, Everywhere, UN75 worked with the UN Development Programme to make the data gathered during this exercise available to policy-makers and the public.
What the world wants
In 2020, more than 1.5 million people - from all countries and all walks of life - shared their hopes, fears, priorities and solutions for the future.
You can view, organise and download the data here
Access The Data portal
The data can be viewed, organised by demographic and other criteria, and downloaded (in PDF and raw format, where applicable)